Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Other Global Projects
Green Gram Pancake (Pesarattu)
Green Gram Pancake (Dosa in India)
Brought to you by: (Priti Shetty's Mom(Shalini Shetty) from Mumbai, India)
2 cup of Green Gram soaked overnight in water.
1 or 2 green chilly slit into two halves
1/4th Tablespoon of Rice Flour
1 finely chopped Onion
1tbsp grated dry coconut (optional)
1/3rd cup of coriander leaves
Oil or clarified butter for frying the pancake
Salt as per taste
1) Take the soaked green gram and rinse it thoroughly.
Soaked green gram
2) Drain it and add the green gram along with other ingredients except for oil/butter in a mixer grinder
to make a coarse batter. (add 2tbsp water to get the consistency)
coarse batter not very watery
3) Take that batter into a small bowl and check the consistency..
4) It should not be too watery, if it is add some more rice flour to it and mix it to get a good consistency
5) On a frying pan pour 2 tsp oil/clarified butter.
6)Now take a big round spoon pour that batter on the pan and use the same spoon for spreading the batter
in circular motion to make it huge round in shape. It should be evenly spread.
7)Brush some oil at the edges and the center so that the batter does not stick to the pan. It has to be very thin
8) Let it cook for 30-40 seconds on one side on normal flame. Because it is very thin like paper you don't need to flip and cook other side.
9) Serve it Hot with ketchup or coconut chutney.
Green Gram Pancake (DOSA)
Note: You can even eat this plain with out anything as it tastes best when made with Mom's love...
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"